How to be a school governor
All school governing bodies include parent governors who are normally elected by parents of registered pupils at the school. Further information can be obtained directly from the school.
Local Authority Governors
Individuals nominated as Local Authority Governors should be able to demonstrate:
- a commitment to and an interest in education;
- a desire to support the school concerned;
- a willingness to serve the local community;
- skills and experience which will support the work of the school;
- the ability to work as a member of a team;
- the required degree of discretion and confidentiality;
- a willingness to give of the required time to fulfil their obligations to the Governing Body;
- an empathy with the linguistic and cultural diversity of the County Borough, particularly in support of the Welsh language;
- a willingness to support the aspirations and strategic intentions of the County Borough;
- a commitment to attending governor training.
In addition, Local Authority Governor nominees should not:
- knowingly be disqualified from serving as a school governor;
- be an employee of the school.
If you would like to be considered for appointment as a Local Authority Governor please complete the electronic application form below.
The Local Authority has a range of vacancies and appoint Local Authority governors on a monthly basis.