Due to coronavirus the face to face duty service is closed until further notice. If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness, please contact the Homeless Prevention Team (contact details are at the bottom of this page).
We will need to find out why you are homeless and whether or not you are intentionally homeless. You may be found intentionally homeless if you have lost your accommodation because of your actions, for example if:
- You deliberately did something, or failed to do something that you knew would mean losing your home
- You chose to leave accommodation you could have stayed in
- You "arranged" to become homeless so that you could make a homeless application
You could be intentionally homeless, for example if:
- You did not pay your rent and were able to
- You lost your home as a result of anti-social behaviour
- You did not act on advice given to you to prevent you from becoming homeless
You wouldn't be found intentionally homeless if:
- It was not reasonable for you to remain in your home
- You left because of violence or threat of violence
- You lost your home because of rent or mortgage arrears that built up through no fault of your own
- You lost your home because of something somebody else did and you knew nothing about it
If we do decide you are intentionally homeless and in priority need, we will only have a legal duty to provide you with temporary accommodation for a short period of time so that you can find somewhere else. Your Homeless Prevention Officer will continue to work with you to find accommodation.
- Phone number: 0300 124 0050
- Email address: email@example.com
- Opening hours: If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness, please contact us on 0300 124 0050 (Monday to Thursday - 8:45am to 5:15pm, Friday - 8:45am to 4:45pm).
- Emergency out of hours number: 0300 1233079
Public Notice (PDF)