To get help to prevent homelessness you need to contact Conwy Housing Solutions who will ask you some questions and may invite you to meet with them to assess your needs. We will also look to see if you have a local connection with this area. A local connection could be made if you:
- Have lived in the County of Conwy for 6 out of the last 12 months or 3 out of the last 5 years
- Have close family, for example, mother, father, adult children or sibling who have lived in the county for the last 5 years
- Have employment in the county
- Have special circumstances, for example, specialist medical treatment only available in the County of Conwy
- You are fleeing abuse/ violence or threats of abuse/ violence and it is probable these threats will lead to abuse.
If we cannot establish that you have a local connection with this area, but we can make a connection with another local authority area then we will refer you to that local authority. You do not have to have a local connection for us to assist you in preventing your homelessness. If you are eligible, homeless and in priority need we will consider your local connection if all attempts to prevent and relieve homelessness have been exhausted or have failed.
If you do not have a connection with any other area in the UK, we have a duty to help you providing you meet the homelessness criteria.
- Phone number: 0300 124 0050
- Email address: email@example.com
- Opening hours: Conwy Housing Solutions duty service is available for you to visit without an appointment; 9:30am-4:00pm Monday to Friday at Coed Pella, Conway Road, Colwyn Bay, LL29 7AZ
- Emergency out of hours number: 0300 1233079