Due to coronavirus the face to face duty service is closed until further notice. If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness, please contact the Homeless Prevention Team (contact details are at the bottom of this page).
We must offer emergency accommodation to homeless applicants if we have reason to believe they have an apparent priority. Once all attempts have been made to prevent your homelessness and you can no longer occupy your current home, your Homeless Prevention Officer may offer you temporary accommodation for a short time and will continue to assist you to relieve your homelessness. This accommodation may be:
- Supported accommodation unit
- Bed and breakfast
- Temporary private let
- Temporary unfurnished accommodation
While in temporary accommodation, an officer will maintain close contact with you to ensure that rent is paid up to date and that you are keeping to the conditions of occupancy. They will also assist you to move on by advising you on further housing opportunities. When arranging temporary accommodation we will try to ensure that any temporary accommodation offered is in this area, however we cannot guarantee this. We will try to avoid the use of bed and breakfast accommodation where possible.
- Phone number: 0300 124 0050
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness, please contact us on 0300 124 0050 (Monday to Thursday - 8:45am to 5:15pm, Friday - 8:45am to 4:45pm).
- Emergency out of hours number: 0300 123 3079