****Now accepting applications for the 2018 Awards Scheme****
The Best Bar None Scheme was celebrated for the fourth consecutive year at an awards ceremony at Sunnyvale Holiday Park on 27 November. Working closely with North Wales Police, Conwy Trading Standards & Licensing Officers, Safer Conwy and local licensees, we deliver the county-wide scheme to recognise good practice within the licensing industry. Accredited premises ensure a safe and enjoyable place for a night out, which is vital to the economic growth and sustainability of the region.
The category winners were:
- Best Bar – The Irish Bar, Llandudno
- Best Pub – The Town House, Llandudno
- Best Community Pub – The Sun Inn, Llandudno
- Best Leisure Venue – Golden Sands Holiday Park, Kinmel Bay
- Overall Winner – The Town House
- Overall runner up – The Sun Inn
This year 28 premises applied with 22 being accredited at gold level and 3 silver. Below is a list of the accredited venues across Conwy County:
- Llandudno - Town House, The Cross Keys, The Kings Arms, The Irish Bar, Queen Victoria, The Albert, The Palladium, The Lilly Bar & Grill, The Lilly Restaurant with Rooms.
- Conwy - The Blue Bell, The George & Dragon, The Bridge, Bank of Conwy.
- Colwyn Bay / Old Colwyn - The Sun Inn, The Marine Hotel, The Picture House, The Station, The Rhos Fynach, Stadiwm Zip World, Parc Eirias.
- Abergele - The George & Dragon, The DPL Wine Bar & Grill.
- Kinmel Bay - Golden Sands Holiday Park, Sunnyvale Holiday Complex.
- Towyn - The Long Bar, Lyons Winkups Holiday Park.
2018 Best Bar None Awards
To submit an application for your premises, please download, complete and return the Application Form (details on where to send your application can be found on the form).
Please use the Best Bar None Toolkit for guidance on how to complete your form. Good luck!
For further advice and information about Best Bar None contact:
PO Box 1
Phone: 01492 576626