This route runs close to the coast from Bangor (Gwynedd) in the west to Prestatyn (Denbighshire) in the east. There is a route-specific waymark logo to aid walkers.
The route runs parallel or overlaps the newer Wales Coast Path in many places creating circular and alternative routes. The map for both routes can be downloaded below and there is a link to the Wales Coast Path page.
What Kind of Walk is it?
- Distance: The route is about 60 miles in total length, although it is easy to plan a shorter walk utilising part of the route
- Dogs: Dogs should be kept on a lead.
- Map: Explorer OL17, Explorer 264
- When walking along roads, walk on the right hand side in a signle file. Suitable footwear and clothing are essential for walking throughout the year.
- Take adequate food and water with you.
How to get here?
Please download our route card - Wales Coast Path & North Wales Path Maps