Licensable activity includes:
- selling alcohol
- serving alcohol to members of a private club
- providing entertainment, eg music, dancing or indoor sporting events
- serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am
Temporary Event Notice must be submitted with at least 10 clear working days of the event (not including the submission date or the date of the event).
Late Temporary Event Notice must be submitted with 5 Clear working days (no earlier than 9) before the day of the event. (Not including the submission date or the date of the event).
Unless you submit an electronic application you must also give a copy of the notice of in duplicate to CCBC Licensing Authority, CCBC Environmental Health & North Wales Police.
The local authority will acknowledge receipt of the notice by giving a notice to the premises user before the end of the first working day it was received
|Temporary Event Notice
|Late Temporary Notice
- You must be at least 18 to apply for a TEN
- have no more than 499 people at all times – including staff running the event
- last no more than 168 hours (7 days)
- you can have 5 TENS a calendar year, of which 2 can be Late TENS
- if you hold a personal licence you apply for 50 TEN’s a year, of which 10 can be Late TENS
- A single premises can have up to 15 TENs applied for in one year, as long as the total length of the events is not more than 21 days.
You must keep your TEN in a safe place where the event is held.
The a copy of the TEN must be displayed in a prominent location at the premises.
Legislation and Conditions
Licensing Act 2003
Processing and Timescales
The licence will be process the next working day after the notice period.
If a counter notice is given in relation to an objection notice the applicant may appeal against the decision. Appeals must be made to the local Magistrates' court within 21 days. An appeal may not be brought later than five working days from the day of the planned event.
In relation to a Late TEN, If there is an objected from either the Police or Environmental Health the event will not go ahead and a counter notice will be issued
You may make your application;
By appointment: offices are open 9.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Friday
LL29 7AZBy post:
PO Box 1
Temporary event notice: guidance notes
Licensing Policy Statement (PDF)