A new workplace recycling law starts from 6 April 2024. It means all businesses, charities and public sector organisations will need to sort their waste for recycling in the same way most households do now.
The aim is to improve the quality and quantity of recycling in Wales.
What does the new law mean
All workplaces will have to separate the following materials for collection:
- Paper and card
- Metals, plastics and cartons
- Unsold textiles
- Unsold small waste electrical and electronic equipment (sWEEE)
There will also be a ban on:
- Sending food to waste sewers (any amount)
- Separately collected waste going to incineration plants and landfills
- All wood waste going to landfill
It also applies to all waste and recycling collectors and processors who collect and manage waste from workplaces
For more information visit Workplace Recyling, let's get it sorted (Welsh Government)