Essential Website Maintenance – Thursday 9th January 2020

We will be carrying out essential website maintenance in the afternoon which will affect some functionality. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience the work may cause and will do all we can to keep disruption to an absolute minimum.
Home Council Contact Us Contacting the Council How to make a complaint

How to make a complaint

Summary (optional)
Complaints can be made in the way that suits you best, by letter, email, online or phone.
start content

Due to annual leave the office will be closed from 24 May 2024 to 10 June 2024, all correspondence will be dealt with upon the officers' return.

If you are unhappy with the service you received from Conwy County Borough Council, you can complain to any member of our staff.

First speak to the people involved. For example, if the complaint is about a public facility like a theatre or leisure centre, ask to speak to the supervisor or duty manager. In most cases, the person you speak to can sort out your complaint easily and you will not need to take any further action.

Or you can fill in the online complaints form

Or you can contact:

Complaints Unit,
PO Box 1,
LL30 9GN

Phone: 01492 576070 (calls to this number will be recorded)


Please note: Not all complaints can be dealt with through our complaints policy. Please read the list below before sending us your complaint.

Issue you may haveWhat you should do

Reporting a problem

Speak to the service involved

Something where you have a right of appeal

Follow the appeal process

Concerns about other organisations such as NHS, Police, Town or Community Council

Refer to the correct organisation

1) Concern about a Councillor’s behaviour

Refer to the Ombudsman at:

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales,
1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae,
CF35 5LJ



2) Unhappy with the outcome of our complaints process at the end of stage 2

Phone: 0300 790 0203

Concerns about Social Care

Refer to Social Care complaints at:

Statutory Complaints Officer
Social Care
PO Box 1
LL30 9GN
Phone: 01492 574078

Issues to do with Freedom of Information and Data Protection

Refer to Information Governance Unit:

Information Governance Manager
Conwy County Borough Council
LL32 8DU
Phone: 01492 576070

Concerns about a school

Refer to the school directly

Concerns relating to an outside organisation where an Officer or Member of the Council represents the Council on that organisation

Refer to the organisation directly

Concerns relating to an issue where there are current legal proceedings

Wait until proceedings are concluded


end content