Our aim is for Conwy County Borough Council to be good at everything we do and for the whole range of services we provide to be of high quality. We also want to be an organisation that benefits from the diversity of our community. To
realise this goal we must recognise and place equality and diversity at the heart of our agenda. To do this we will integrate equality considerations into the day to day activities that we carry out as an Authority to enhance the quality of life for the people of Conwy, including the most vulnerable. We will do this by implementing our Strategic Equality Plan.
Our main aims with regards to equality are to:
- Ensure that equality is built in to our policies and practices
- Involve the Public and our Employees in assessing actual or potential impact of our policies and practices to eliminate discrimination
- Improve the way we provide our services and develop our policies
- Ensure fair treatment in the recruitment process and in employment
- Continuously review progress of the Strategic Equality Action Plan
- Ensure that we do not unwittingly discriminate on the grounds of Race, Disability, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Religion and Belief, Age, Gender Reassignment, Marriage or Civil Partnership, Pregnancy or Maternity, Welsh Language or Human Rights.