Strategy for testing the general public and tracing the spread of coronavirus in Wales
How to apply for a Covid-19 test if you have any symptoms
Conwy County Borough Council will work in partnership with Anglesey and Gwynedd Council to develop the Childcare Offer for Wales for 3 and 4 year old children of working parents living in Conwy County.
What is the offer?
- Children who qualify could have to up to 20 free hours of government funded childcare during term time as well as the 10 hours already provided by the Foundation Phase every week. Please note some schools or settings in Conwy may offer more than 10 hours Foundation Phase. These additional hours will be part of the 30 hours offer.
- Your child will be able to access up to 30 hours of free childcare during term time and 9 weeks of the holidays.
- You will be able to choose any registered childcare setting that suits your circumstances, inside or outside of county, in agreement with the provider and the local authority. The childcare does not have to be delivered by the same provider as the Foundation Phase provision.
- Children who qualify will be able to access the offer until the September following their fourth birthday when they begin full-time education.
Dates for qualifying and applications:
|Date of Birth||Eligible for the Offer from:||Applications open:|
|01/09/2016 – 31/03/2017
||Open from 10/08/2020
|01/04/2017 – 31/08/2017
||As soon as your application is processed
||Open from 01/09/2020
|01/09/2017 - 31/12/2017
||Open from 09/11/2020
|01/01/2018 – 31/03/2018
||Open from 22/02/2021
How do I qualify?
You qualify for free childcare if:
- Your child is aged 3 or 4 years and can access part time Foundation Phase Education
- You live in Gwynedd, Anglesey or Conwy
- You earn the equivalent of at least 16 hours at national living wage or national minimum wage; or you receive specific caring benefits
Change of income due to Covid-19
If your income has changed as a result of Covid-19, you still qualify if you can provide evidence that you met the earnings conditions in January and February 2020.
We will then re-check that you still qualify at the end of October. You will be granted an 8 week temporary exemption period (TEP) starting on 1 November as long as:
- your income still does not meet the requirements for the offer
- your income is not expected to meet the requirements from 1 November.
Funding will stop at the end of the temporary exemption period, unless your income meets the requirements.
*Please note, depending on your circumstances, claiming the 30 hours may affect some benefits you currently receive, such as:
- Childcare element of Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Tax Free childcare and Childcare Vouchers
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Reduction
How to apply?
If you qualify, please download and complete the application form:
You MUST return via e-mail to email@example.com
Please note – if you don’t send all the documents we need, your application will be delayed.
Currently it is not possible to send the application form by post.
We will tell you the result by email within 20 working days of receiving your application.
Your free childcare will begin after you receive your confirmation letter – we cannot backdate your application.
You must show your confirmation letter to your childcare provider to show you have qualified for this offer.
It is your responsibility to find childcare to meet your requirements. Conwy Family Information Service can provide details of available childcare in your area. Please contact:
Phone: 01492 577850
Summary of the offer (PDF)
Information for Childcare Providers
Childcare providers will need to register with Conwy Early Years Education and Childcare Team to deliver the 30 hour offer to receive Welsh Government funding.
Talk childcare - The offer for Wales