Applications are open for eligible children with a date of birth between 01/09/2016 and 31/08/2018.
What is the offer?
- Eligible children could be entitled to up to 20 free hours of government funded childcare during term time in addition to the 10 hours already provided by the Foundation Phase every week.
- During up to 9 weeks of school holidays, parents will be able to access up to 30 hours of funded childcare.
- Parents are able to choose any registered childcare setting that suits their personal and family circumstance, whether inside or outside of county, in agreement with the provider and the local authority. The childcare does not have to be delivered by the same provider as the Foundation Phase provision.
- Eligible children will be able to access the Offer until the September following their fourth birthday when they begin full-time education.
|Date of Birth||Eligible for the Offer from:||Applications open:|
|01/09/2016 to 31/03/2018
||As soon as your application is processed
|01/04/2018 to 31/08/2018
|01/09/2018 to 31/12/2018
|01/01/2019 to 31/03/2019
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for free child care you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your child is aged 3 or 4 years and is able to access part time Foundation Phase Education
- You live in Gwynedd, Anglesey or Conwy
- All parents, or co-habiting couples, in the household work the equivalent of at least 16 hours at national living wage or national minimum wage (please see table on next page).(Parents will not to be eligible if they earn more than £100,000 per annum- this is a per parent limit)
- One parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring;
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave;
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay;
- One parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits (please see below);
Eligible benefits second parent may be in receipt of (parent 1 will need to be working equivalent of 16 hours per week);
- Incapacity benefit;
- Carers allowance;
- Severe disablement allowance;
- Long term incapacity benefit;
- Employment and support allowance; or National insurance credits on the grounds of incapacity for work or limited capability for work.
Please note: Making an application does not guarantee a childcare place. Funding does not commence until after your application is passed and begins on the start date noted on your confirmation letter
Once applications are passed parents will be contacted every term in order to re submit proof of income. Parents will be contacted by email and failure to provide the necessary documents will result in funding being stopped.
Parents who would normally have met the income eligibility criteria for the Childcare Offer but who don’t now as a result of Covid-19
Parents applying for the Offer will be considered eligible if they can evidence that they would normally meet the earnings eligibility criteria for the Offer.
You will need to evidence that, as a result of Covid-19, your earnings in January / February 2020 met the income eligibility criteria for the Offer but that you have seen a reduction in income since then.
Please see below table. This shows income based on minimum wage working 16 hours per week. If your income is below the total for your age range you will not be eligible.
How to apply?
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, please complete the application form:
You must return the completed application form via e-mail to email@example.com
Please note - failure to submit all required documents with your application will result in a delay in processing. It is not possible at present to send the application form by post
You will be informed of the outcome of your application, by email, within 10 working days of receipt of the application.
Your eligibility for funded childcare will begin after you receive your confirmation letter - no applications will be backdated.
You must show your confirmation letter to your childcare provider to evidence your eligibility for the Offer.
*Please note, depending on your circumstances, claiming the 30 hours may affect some benefits you currently receive, such as:
- Childcare element of Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Tax Free childcare and Childcare Vouchers
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Reduction
Information for Childcare Providers
Information for Parents and Carers
It is your responsibility to find childcare to meet your requirements. Conwy Family Information Service can provide details of available childcare in your area. Please contact:
Conwy Family Information Service