Essential Website Maintenance – Thursday 9th January 2020

We will be carrying out essential website maintenance in the afternoon which will affect some functionality. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience the work may cause and will do all we can to keep disruption to an absolute minimum.
Home Resident Food safety Report a Food Safety Issue

Report a Food Safety Issue

Summary (optional)
If you have a complaint about any food or drink you have purchased, you may complain to Conwy County Borough Council if you purchased the food in the area. Or if you are a business you can report a problem to us.
start content

Food Complaints

Occasionally you may purchase or consume a food or drink item, which falls below your expectation. Conwy Council will investigate food complaints in relation to food purchased within the county. 

There may be some occasions where the food has been produced within Conwy and sold within another county or a Conwy resident has purchased a food item outside Conwy and wishes to make a compliant in both examples Conwy may liaise with the relevant authority to facilitate matters. 

Please note that we only investigate complaints that pose a risk to health. If your complaint relates to food past its ‘best before’ date or foreign bodies inherent with the product then please contact the shop, manufacturer or supplier where you bought the goods.

Before you make a complaint

In many cases, your complaint can be resolved by taking the matter up with the shop, food premises etc. Generally, businesses are concerned that you have found a problem and will try their best to resolve the matter. We recommend this should be your first course of action, particularly with cases such as food past its ‘best before’ date or foreign bodies found in food that are inherent with the product.

Complaints about a food premises

If you have any concerns about a particular food business such as observing poor food hygiene practices, poor standards of cleanliness or that you believe that a business is displaying an incorrect food hygiene rating sticker or no sticker at all, then you can also complete the form above. 

In addition any complaints relating to food not complying with labelling requirements or mis-described, adulterated foods should also be reported.

Please note it’s Conwy Council’s policy not to investigate anonymous complaints but any personal details you do provide will remain confidential.

end content