Library membership is free, and as a member it costs nothing to:
- borrow books, language and open learning packs
- download e-books, e-magazines and audio books.
- access the internet via Wi-Fi, or library computers.
- attending our story time for the under 5s, or a Get Online session is also free.
Printing and copying
- Black and white: 20p per sheet (A4), 30p per sheet (A3)
- Colour: 60p per sheet (A4), £1 per sheet (A3) (A3 printing, and photocopying services available at Abergele, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, Llandudno, Llanrwst Libraries).
- There are microfilm printing facilities at Colwyn Bay and Llandudno Libraries, charges: 60p per sheet (A4), and £1.20 (A3).
- All photocopies, printouts and photographic reproductions are subject to copyright regulations.
Requests for new items and items available within Wales are free of charge, if requests are for items outside Wales via Inter Library Loan, the charge is £12.00.
Cost of borrowing audio visual items
Overdue charges are temporarily suspended due to the pandemic.
Lost, stolen or damaged items
A charge will be made based on the actual cost, plus a £5.00 processing fee. The charge for items loaned from other library services will be the actual cost from the lending library and processing fee.
Replacement library cards
Child library card £1.50, and adult £2.00.
Items for sale in libraries:
- Earphones: £2.00
- Library canvas bag: £1.50
- RADAR key: £4.75
- Trade Refuse Sacks: £84.00
We also provide Books for Keeps, Theatre Tickets sales, Exhibition sales, and sell local books and maps, please ask the staff for more details.
Library events and activities
Story time sessions are free, but a charge is made for Children's activity sessions:
- £2 for library members
- £2.50 for non-members
- Family rate of £5.00
Reading Group annual membership is £12.00 for groups led by library staff, £6.00 if not library staff led.
IT drop-in sessions are free, but there may be a charge for IT courses delivered in libraries by IT tutors.
Library room hire
Charges for hiring a meeting rooms during library opening hours are:
- Small room (up to 4 people) £10 per hour
- Large room £12 per hour
- Concessions may be available. Please ask a member of staff.
For more information and meeting room locations see Library room hire.