We use cookies to make this site simpler. By browsing our pages you are accepting our use of cookies. Find out more on our cookies and privacy page.
Essential Website Maintenance – Thursday 9th January 2020

We will be carrying out essential website maintenance in the afternoon which will affect some functionality. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience the work may cause and will do all we can to keep disruption to an absolute minimum.

Submit a Building Control Application

Summary (optional)
start content

If you are intending to carry out controllable building work you must submit an application. There are two types of application for Building Regulation purposes, these are a Full Plans application or Building Notice application.

The following information will help you with your application:

Full plans

This type of application is suitable for all projects and requires the submission of detailed sets of plans, specification and other supporting documents. The proposals are checked to ensure compliance with Building Regulations and applicant or agent will be notified of any alterations needed to the plans. Once all the submitted information is found to be satisfactory an Approval Notice will be issued.

Building Notice

This type application is intended for small extensions, internal alterations and other minor work within dwelling houses. Detailed plans do not need to be submitted for approval however, specific plan, calculations or other information may be requested to clarify certain issues. If the proposal includes an extension to the building foot print a location plan to a scale of not less than 1:1250 is required.


You can pay for your Building Control application online

Building Control Application Form

end content

Find your nearest schools, hospitals, council services and more