This is not an exhaustive list so you should contact us if you require further advice.
- The erection of a new building or the extension of an existing building.
- Structural alterations to an existing building.
- Alterations which may affect the means of escape in case of fire.
- Changing the use of an existing building.
- The extension or alteration of certain services and fittings.
- Since the 1st January 2005, most electrical work is also included.
- Renovating or replacing a wall, floor or roof (thermal element)
Changes to a buildings energy status now also require building regulations approval. This might occur where a previously unheated space is being heated or where air conditioning is being installed.