Place Plan Poster (PDF)
The purpose of a Place Plan is to:
- Gather evidence about your area to understand what issues the community is facing
- Talk to the wider community and stakeholders about how the area will develop, and what needs to be done for the future well-being of the community
- Agree how you want the different aspects of your place to be in the future
- Agree a plan to work towards this future, including, where relevant, policies for making decisions about planning and an action plan to set out how identified issues are going to be tackled.
- Have that final plan agreed by the community, key stakeholders and adopted by the Local Planning Authority (LPA) for use as Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) i.e. to be used in making decisions on planning applications
We have produced a Toolkit to help you put together your Place Plan which is available here: Shaping Conwy's Communities (PDF, 3.03Mb)
Further supporting documentation and templates, engagement tools and other useful guides will be available soon.
If you would be interested in more information on how to begin a Place Plan please email firstname.lastname@example.org