From 1st January 2017 onwards, all planning applications for major development must be accompanied by the relevant requirements (known as 'validation requirements') in the attached schedule. If any of these requirements are missing, the applications will be deemed to be invalid and will not be registered.
The LVL only applies to planning applications for major development involving one or more of the following:
- The winning and working of minerals;
- The use of land for mineral-working deposits;
- Waste development;
- The provision of 10 or more new dwellinghouses;
- The provision of dwellinghouses on a site with an area of 0.5 hectare or more where the number of dwellinghouses is not known;
- The provision of a building or buildings where the floor area to be created by the development is 1,000 square metres or more;
- Development carried out on a site having an area of 1 hectare or more.
Local Validation List Schedule