Who does the team help?
We are the first point of contact for:
- Housing Adaptations
- Older People
- Physical disabilities and sensory impairment
- Learning disabilities
- Occupational therapy
We do not take referrals for:
- Mental health services - please speak to your GP
- Drug and Alcohol advice - please speak to your GP
- Children and families - please speak to Duty Officer on (01492) 575111
Is it a confidential service?
Yes, our team will speak to you in confidence. They will ask you questions about yourself or the person you are ringing about to find out which service best fits your needs.
What if I am ringing on behalf of someone else?
Unless it is a crisis situation, they must give their consent for us to make a referral.
Do you only work with Social Services and Health?
No, we have strong links with other agencies and local voluntary organisations. We will refer you to them if we think it could help you, or you can search for them yourself on the Dewis Wales website.
Making changes to your home
If you need a change in your home to make it easier for you to move around, please get in touch with us. The quickest way is to apply online.
We will then contact you to discuss your needs and how you think occupational therapy can help you.
How else can I contact the team?
Single Point of Access
- Phone us: 0300 456 1111, Monday to Friday
- Email us: email@example.com
- Send us a text (for general enquiries only): 07797 870 361
- Write to us:
PO Box 1