What does the team do?
Single Point of Access deals with enquiries, and referrals for teams within Adult Social Services.
Who does the team help?
Single Point of Access is the first point of contact for:
- Older People’s Services
- Physical disability and sensory impairment services
- Occupational therapy services
- Learning disability services
- Carers’ services
Who doesn’t the team help?
We do not take referrals for:
- Mental health services - please speak to your GP
- Drug and Alcohol team - please speak to your GP
- Children and families - please speak to Duty Officer on (01492) 575111
Is it a confidential service?
YES. Our county-wide team offer a confidential service. They will ask you questions about yourself or the person you are ringing on behalf of, to find out which service best fits your needs.
What if I am phoning on behalf of someone else?
Unless it is a crisis situation, if you contact us on behalf of someone else, that person must have given their consent for us to progress their referral.
Do you only work with Social Services and Health?
NO. Single Point of Access has strong links with other agencies and local Voluntary Organisations too. We will refer you to them if we think it could help you. See the list of Voluntary Organisations below, as well as the DEWIS website.
How do I get help from Adult Social Services?
If you are having problems getting into, out of, or around your home, and would like an adaptation / alteration to your home to meet your specific needs, then please complete the on-line application form below and the Council’s Single Point of Access team with then contact you to discuss further.
They will ask you a number of questions and decide whether you should be referred to the Occupational Therapy Service.
How do I contact the team?
- Tel: 0300 456 1111 (Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 4.45pm, and Fridays 9.00am - 4.15pm)
- Fax: 01492 576 330
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text message (for general enquiries only): 07797 870 361
Write to us at:
Single Point of Access
PO Box 1