Library membership is free, and as a member it costs nothing to:
- borrow books, language and open learning packs
- download e-books, e-magazines and audio books.
- access the internet via Wi-Fi, or library computers.
- attending our story time for the under 5s, or a Get Online session is also free.
Printing and copying
- Black and white: 15p per sheet (A4), 60p per sheet (A3)
- Colour: 60p per sheet (A4), £1 per sheet (A3) (A3 printing, and photocopying services available at Abergele, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, Llandudno, Llanrwst Libraries).
- There are microfilm printing facilities at Colwyn Bay and Llandudno Libraries, charges: 60p per sheet (A4), and £1.20 (A3).
- All photocopies, printouts and photographic reproductions are subject to copyright regulations.
Requests for new items and items available within Wales are free of charge, if requests are for items outside Wales via Inter Library Loan, the charge is £12.00.
Cost of borrowing audio visual items
When an item is overdue:
- first day overdue - 25p for the day
- second day overdue - 40p for the day
- third day overdue 50p - for the day
- between fourth to seventh day overdue - £1.00
- £1.00 per week thereafter to a maximum charge of £8.00 per item.
The maximum charge before the right to borrow items is suspended is £50.00
Lost, stolen or damaged items
A charge will be made based on the actual cost, plus a £5.00 processing fee. The replacement charge for individual tapes or CDs from a talking book are £6.00 each. The charge for items loaned from other library services will be the actual cost from the lending library and processing fee.
Replacement library cards
Child library card £1.50, and adult £2.00.
Items for sale in libraries:
- Earphones: £1.50
- Library canvas bag: £1.50
- RADAR key: £3.50
- Memory stick: £5.00
- Green garden sacks: £1.50
- 12 compostable bags: £2.50
- Trade Refuse Sacks: £80.00
We also provide Books for Keeps, Theatre Tickets sales, Exhibition sales, and sell local books and maps, please ask the staff for more details.
Library events and activities
Story time sessions are free, but a charge is made for Children's activity sessions:
- £2 for library members
- £2.50 for non-members
- Family rate of £5.00
Reading Group annual membership is £12.00 for groups led by library staff, £6.00 if not library staff led.
IT drop-in sessions are free, but there may be a charge for IT courses delivered in libraries by IT tutors.
Library room hire
Charges for hiring a meeting rooms during library opening hours are:
- Small room (up to 4 people) £5 per half hour and £8 per hour
- Large room £8 per half hour and £10 per hour
- Concessions may be available. Please ask a member of staff.
For more information and meeting room locations see Library room hire.