Essential Website Maintenance – Thursday 9th January 2020

We will be carrying out essential website maintenance in the afternoon which will affect some functionality. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience the work may cause and will do all we can to keep disruption to an absolute minimum.

Accidents at Work

Summary (optional)
Businesses are required by law to report certain accidents, incidents and work related disease.
start content

The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR) requires certain work related injuries, diseases and incidents to be reporting to the enforcing authority for health and safety (this may be Conwy County Borough Council or the Health and Safety Executive).

Who should report?

Only ‘responsible persons’ including employers, self employed and people in control of work premises should submit reports under RIDDOR.  If you are an employee or a member of the public wishing to report an incident please refer to our Report a health and safety issue page

What needs to be reported?

  • Death or specified injuries to an employee or a self employed person working on your premises
  • Death or hospitalisation of a member of the public

These must be reported without delay (usually by telephone) and followed up with an online report form within 10 days.

  • Over seven day injury to an employee or a self employed person working on your premises
  • Disease suffered by an employee that is related to work activities
  • Dangerous Occurrence that does not result in a reportable injury but which clearly could have done.

These must be reported within 10 days.

How to Report

All incident reports can be reported online but a telephone service remains for reporting fatal and major injuries only – call the Incident Contact Centre on 0345 300 9923.

What happens next?

Once the incident or accident is reported online it is automatically allocated to the appropriate enforcing authority.  You may then be contacted to find out further details about the incident or a visit made to your premises to investigate further.  Not all reported accidents will be investigated by the authority depending on the nature and severity.

end content