Nant y Coed reserve - the path is currently closed due to storm damage and river erosion.
There is no access through the reserve between the Newry Drive entrance and the Three Streams car park.
Alternative route: At the junction with Newry Drive, turn right to continue on Valley Road and cross the bridge with the National Park logo. Follow the road around to the left and up the hill to arrive at the Three Streams car park.
What Kind of Walk is it?
Glan y Mor Elias Terrain: Level coast path. Distance: Approx 5.4km, 3.3 miles. Time: Approx one hour. Paths: Pavements, tarmac promenade, grass paths. Suitable for wheelchairs, but a radar key is required
- Tyddyn Drycin Terrain: Town roads, some moderate and steep ascents and descents.
- Distance: Approx 4km, 2.5 miles.
- Time: Approx 1 hour.
- Paths: B roads and pavements, woodland and grassland paths.
- Around the village Terrain: urban, semi urban, and Local Nature Reserve.
- Gradual ascent and descent.
- Distance: Approx 3.6km, 2.2 miles.
- Time: Approx one hour.
- Paths: pavements, surfaced lanes.
- Garreg Fawr Terrain: town roads, some steep ascents to 364m/1194' and descents.
- Distance: Approx 5km, 3.1 miles.
- Time: Approx two hours.
- Paths: B roads and grassland paths.
Dogs should be kept on a lead.
Start and finish grid reference:
- All walks start from the village crossroads Map: Explorer OL17.
- Refreshments: Available in local shops and pubs.
- When walking along roads, walk on the right hand side in a single file
- Suitable footwear and clothing are essential for walking throughout the year
How Do I Get There?
- By train: There is a stop at Llanfairfechan. Phone: 0845 7484950. www.nationalrail.co.uk
- By bus: Phone: Traveline Cymru 0871 200 22 33. www.travelinecymru.info
- By car: Follow the A55 to junction 14 or 15 for Llanfairfechan. Follow the main road to the crossroads with the traffic lights. Take the turning down Station Road to a car park on your How do I get a copy of this leaflet?
The Countryside Code