This booklet will help you to explore the hidden history of the landscape above Penmaenmawr and identify the abundant birds and wildlife species you may see on your walk.
Along the route are five locations of interest. This guide will direct you to each location and provide you with interesting facts about the surrounding area.
- Terrain: steep ascent and steep descent.
- Distance: main route approx. 9km, 5 ½ miles.
- Optional route: add 1.5 miles. Time: 3 ½ hours. Optional route add 1 hour.
- Paths: lanes, tracks, grassy paths.
- Dogs: dogs should be kept under close control at all times.
- Start and finish grid reference: Library car park SH719 763. Map: Explorer OL17
- Refreshments: available in local shops and pubs.
- When walking along roads, walk on the right hand side in a single file.
- Suitable footwear and clothing are essential for walking throughout the year.
Please see below for a PDF copy of this walk route / leaflet.
A number of publications are available to purchase. Please visit our Countryside Publications page for more information.