If you are looking for an adventure that's not too challenging then this walk is ideal.
This circular walk takes you from the top of Llanfairfechan town right to the foot of the Carneddau range of mountains giving you spectacular views of both mountain and coast. Along the way you can explore the rich historical landscape including a number of archaeological sites, dating from the Stone Age.
- Terrain: heath and moorland, some moderate and steep climbs.
- Distance: 7 Kilometres / 4 ½ Miles.
- Time: approximately 4 hours.
- Paths: moorland paths, Roman Road, tracks and lanes.
- Dogs: dogs should be kept under close control.
- Walk grading - moderate. Some steep slopes and uneven ground
How to get here
- From the train station: turn right up station road. At the crossroads go straight on up Village Road and continue past the shops and take a left hand turn up to Valley Road. Carry on through the houses and past two right turns (the latter with the National Park logo on the bridge). Just before a sharp turn to the left you will see the entrance to Nant Y Coed Local Nature Reserve. Follow the main path through the reserve to Three Streams car park.
- From the bus stop: at the crossroads follow the same route as above up Village Road and Valley Road and through Nant Y Coed to Three Streams car park.
- By Car: follow the A55 from the West to junction 14, from the East junction 15, for Llanfairfechan. Follow the main road to the crossroads with traffic lights. Take the turning up to Village Road and then follow Valley Road through the houses. Take the second turning on the right with the National Park logo on the bridge. Follow the road around to the left to arrive at Three Streams car park on your left.
- When walking along roads, walk on the right hand side in a single file
- Suitable footwear and clothing are essential for walking throughout the year
- Take adequate food and water with you
- Start and finish grid reference: SH 698 736
- Map: Explorer OL17
Check the Weather Forecast
Please download our route card - Llanfairfechan Upland Walk