The cream of Conwy’s nightlife were honoured at an awards ceremony on Monday 25 November 2019 as the winners were announced in the regional Best Bar None Awards.
Best Bar None is an accreditation scheme supported by the Home Office and the drinks industry, aimed at promoting responsible management and operation of alcohol licensed premises. The scheme is now in its sixth consecutive year.
Accredited premises ensure a safe and enjoyable place for a night out, which is vital to the economic growth and sustainability of the region.
A total of 33 pubs, bars and leisure venues in the region are part of the scheme and they each completed rigorous assessments earlier in the year to demonstrate they meet the high standards of premises management required by the Best Bar None scheme.
26 premises have attained gold level accreditation, 2 silver accreditation and 1 bronze level. A further 4 premises are awaiting accreditation.
The awards ceremony was held at Golden Sands Holiday Park where the Overall Winner prize was presented to Club 147.
Other category awards were presented to:
- Rhos Fynach – Best Pub
- Club 147 – Best Bar
- The Beachcomber Club – Best Leisure Venue
- The George & Dragon, Abergele – Best Community Pub
- The Blue Bell – Going Green Award
Below is a list of the accredited venues across Conwy County:
- Llandudno - Town House, The Cross Keys, The Irish Bar, The Palladium, The Lilly Restaurant with Rooms, Club 147, The Carlton, The Fat Cat, the Gresham
- Conwy - The Blue Bell, Bank of Conwy.
- Llanddulas – The Beachcomber Club
- Colwyn Bay / Old Colwyn - The Marine Hotel, The Picture House, The Rhos Fynach, Stadiwm Zip World, Parc Eirias.
- Abergele - The George & Dragon, The DPL Wine Bar & Grill.
- Kinmel Bay - Golden Sands Holiday Park, The Mayquay, Palins Country Club
- Towyn - The Long Bar, Lyons Winkups Holiday Park, Lyons Oakfield Holiday Park, The Seagull, Jakes Family Restaurant & Bar, Golden Gate Club, Browns Bar & Grill.
2020 Best Bar None Awards
To submit an application for your premises, please download, complete and return the Application Form (details on where to send your application can be found on the form).
Please use the Best Bar None Toolkit for guidance on how to complete your form. Good luck!
For further advice and information about Best Bar None contact:
PO Box 1
Phone: 01492 576626