During 2014 - 2020 Wales will benefit from nearly £2bn of funding from the European Structural Investment Funds (ESIF), which will support economic growth and jobs through:
- Research and Innovation
- Small & Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) Competitiveness
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Connectivity and Urban Development
- Tackling Poverty through Sustainable Employment
- Skills for Growth
- Youth Employment and Attainment
In Wales, these funds are managed by the Welsh European Funding Office (WEFO).
Conwy is part of the West Wales and the Valleys regional programme which covers 15 local authority areas in North and West Wales and the Valleys. The programme comprises of funding from two separate European Structural Investment Funds:
- The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- The European Social Fund (ESF)
Wales will also benefit from a range of other European funding programmes covering European Agriculture Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) and European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF). In Conwy, this is accessed through the Rural Development Programme.
A key document to accompany these programmes and the development of any projects is the Economic Prioritisation Framework.