The North Wales Regional Engagement Team (RET) works across all sectors to help maximise the impact of European Structural Funds in the region and implementing the European Structural and Investment Funds programmes.
Working in line with the North Wales Economic Ambition Board’s Portfolio Management Office, who are responsible for delivering the Growth Deal and broader Growth Vision, the RET team will maximise the impact of European Funding to achieve the region’s shared goal to drive sustainable and inclusive economic growth across North Wales.
The North Wales region consists of 6 local authorities:
- Isle of Anglesey County Council
- Gwynedd Council
- Conwy County Borough Council
- Denbighshire County Council
- Flintshire County Council
- Wrexham County Borough Council
The Regional Engagement Teams
Four Regional Engagement Teams (RETs) have been set up across Wales to help ensure EU funding proposals meet existing and future opportunities and investments at regional levels – North Wales, Mid Wales, South West Wales and South East Wales.
The RETs work across all sectors to ensure the effective participation and success of EU funded investments – adding value to existing/planned investments within the context of established and emerging regional and thematic activities and opportunities. We achieve this through the following actions:
Maintain a strategic overview of regional priorities/activities
- Acquire intelligence on regional priorities/discussions from regional working groups.
- Networking & Engagement
Regional proofing and prioritisation of operations
- Support regional partnership structures to ensure consensus on proposed activity (prioritisation)
Ensure regional priorities and interests in EU programmes
- Ensure regional consideration and participation within national strategic projects (additional activity, impact on skills demand/supply, ensuring cross-sector engagement, alignment with strategic ambitions, ensuring integration and no duplication).
- Regular reporting and engagement with WEFO
- Facilitate the regular review of the Economic Prioritisation Framework (EPF)
Identify potential integration/duplication/gaps in activity
- Ongoing mapping of activity (approved, developing and emerging) across all funding streams across the region
- Promote networking amongst projects/contacts through engagement and events
Raise profile and awareness of ESI funds regionally
- Promotion of opportunities and successes of projects through:
- Regular Monthly Newsletters
- Dissemination Events & Workshops
Supporting regional aspects of Monitoring and Evaluation and Cross-Cutting Themes.
- Monitor and assess the impact and scope of European funded activity in the region through regular contact with WEFO and other funders and with Lead Beneficiaries to accurately gather information to inform regular reporting.
Support regional partnership structures, reflective of regional needs & opportunities
- RET teams supporting/integrated across City Region Boards (Swansea Bay & Cardiff City Region), North Wales Economic Ambition Board, Growing Mid Wales Partnership and Regional Skills Partnerships.
If you are working, or planning on working, across more than one region then you may find it helpful to contact the relevant RET using the details below:
Web: North Wales
Web: Mid Wales
South West Wales
Web: South West Wales
South East Wales
Web: South East Wales
Email: Lisa.Jones@bridgend.gov.uk or Amy.Ryall@bridgend.gov.uk
The Regional Engagement Team is supported by the European Structural and Investment Funds through the Welsh Government