Vist North Wales Safeguarding Website
Safeguarding boards have a unique role to play. North Wales Safeguarding Board sees its function as to make "Safeguarding everybody’s business"
What is the purpose of North Wales Safeguarding Board?
- Contribute towards national policy and procedures are monitored and remained fit for purpose, by engagement with the National Independent Safeguarding Board and other Safeguarding Boards
- Prevent and to provide information as to how this might be achieved.
- Review efficiency of measures taken by Safeguarding Board partners and bodies represented on the Board
- Undertake Child Practice Reviews & Adult Practice Reviews
- Undertake audits, reviews and investigations pursuant to the objectives
- Review performance of the Board and its partners represented on the Board in carrying out its objectives
- Disseminate information about best practice and learning arising from reviews
- Facilitate research into protection and prevention of abuse and neglect of children and adults who are at risk of harm
- To review the training needs of those practitioners working in the area of the Board and to identify training activities and ensure training is provided on an inter-agency basis and individual organisational basis to assist in the protection and prevention of abuse and neglect of children.
- To co-operate or act jointly with another one or more Boards.