Essential Website Maintenance – Thursday 9th January 2020

We will be carrying out essential website maintenance in the afternoon which will affect some functionality. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience the work may cause and will do all we can to keep disruption to an absolute minimum.
Home Resident Recycling and Waste Household Recycling Centres Van and commercial-type vehicle permits

Van and commercial-type vehicle permits

Summary (optional)
It is illegal to dispose of business waste with household waste. To stop businesses using household recycling centres in Conwy, vans and other commercial-type vehicles need a permit to be allowed entry.
start content

Permits for vans and commercial-type vehicles are currently given free of charge.

There are two types of permit - please read the information below carefully and select the option which best applies to you.

Once you have applied, your permit will be processed in 2-3 working days and emailed to you directly.

Single use permits

Single use permits are for residents who:

  • Own or use a vehicle with business signage, logos or other advertising
  • Hire, borrow or drive a van or commercial-type vehicle which is NOT registered to their home address
  • Have a twin-axle trailer

To apply for this permit you will need to show:

  • Two separate documents which prove you live within the County of Conwy
  • A list of the items you want to take to the household recycling centre

Please note - if you want to get rid of DIY or construction waste, there is a charge for this. You will need to pay for this when you arrive at the household recycling centre.

Single use permits are valid for one entry into the household recycling centre. You must use the permit within a calendar month from the date of issue.

You can apply for a maximum of 2 single use permits in 12 months.

Domestic permits

Domestic permits are for residents who own a van or commercial-type vehicle that:

  • Is registered to a Conwy household for personal or private use and NOT for business use  
  • Has NO business signage, logos or other advertising
  • Is less than 2 metres high

To apply for this permit you need to show:

  • A copy of the V5 vehicle registration document
  • Two further documents which prove you live at the same address where the vehicle is registered.

Domestic permits give you 20 entries to the household recycling centres.

You will need your permit number to book an appointment at the recycling centre. Each time you book, we will send you an email to let you know how many visits you have left. If you don’t use email, you can call our Advice Team on 01492 575337 to check this.

You can apply for one domestic permit in 12 months.

You can find full terms and conditions on the application forms, or in our Household Recycling Centre Site Use Policy (PDF, 483KB).

Apply for a single use permit on-line above or download a Single use permit application form (PDF, 347 KB)

Apply for a domestic permit on-line above or download a Domestic permit application form (PDF, 124 KB)

If you have questions or comments about our household recycling centres or the permit scheme, please fill in our online form.

end content