Our Household Recycling Centres at Abergele and Mochdre are closed until further notice, in line with Government guidance.
Our Saturday mobile recycling centres will not be running until further notice, in line with Government guidance.
Permits for vans and commercial-type vehicles are currently given free of charge.
There are two types of permit - please read the information below carefully and select the option which best applies to you.
Single Use Permits
Single Use Permits are for residents who:
- Own or use a vehicle with business signage, logos or other advertising
- Hire, borrow or drive a van or commercial-type vehicle which is NOT registered to their home address
- Have a twin-axle trailer
To apply for this permit you will need to show:
- Two separate documents which prove you live within the County of Conwy
- A list of the items you want to take to the Household Recycling Centre
Please note - if you want to get rid of DIY or construction waste , there is a charge for this. You will need to pay for this when you arrive at the Household Recycling Centre.
Single Use Permits are valid for one entry into the Household Recycling Centre. You must use the permit within a calendar month from the date of issue.
You can apply for a maximum of 2 Single Use Permits in 12 months.
Domestic Permits are for residents who own a van or commercial-type vehicle that:
- Is registered to a Conwy household for personal or private use and NOT for business use
- Has NO business signage, logos or other advertising
- Is less than 2 metres high
To apply for this permit you need to show:
- A copy of the V5 Vehicle Registration document
- Two further documents which prove you live at the same address where the vehicle is registered.
Domestic Permits come in two parts:
- A display permit – stick this to the inside of your vehicle’s windscreen or window
- A booklet of 20 entry vouchers. You should tear out a voucher and hand it to site staff each time you visit a Household Recycling Centre.
You can apply for one Domestic Permit in 12 months.
You can find full terms and conditions on the application forms, or in our Household Recycling Centre Site Use Policy (PDF, 483KB).
If you have questions or comments about our Household Recycling Centres or the Permit scheme, please contact us.