This free online course can be accessed via the Food Standards Agency website and includes the following modules:
- Module 1: Effects that allergies have in the body
- Module 2: The rules for allergen information
- Module 3: Managing allergens in the factory
- Module 4: Providing accurate allergen information for prepacked and non-prepacked food
- Module 5: Managing allergens in a catering environment
- Module 6: The use of voluntary labelling
There is a test at the end of each module and once all 6 modules have been completed, a certificate can be downloaded for staff files.
Food Standards Agency food allergy online training.