|Date||Time ||Venue||Trainer||Course Fee|
|Session 1 - 30/11/20
Session 2 - 07/12/20
|7.00pm - 8.30pm
||Remote online training via Zoom
||Clubiau Plant Cymru
The Course covers the following:
Play and Learning to Grow - Healthy Friends provides information and guidance on setting up a buddy system within individual settings. Allowing older children to lead on activities with younger children, this workshop can help all children improve their physical activity and nutrition levels through a range of peer led, fun, healthy activities.
Playworker led activities to raise awareness of the risks of smoking and alcohol linking with Welsh Government Initiatives. In addition, an activity box with 86 bilingual activity cards is provided to each setting.
Introduction to buddy training:
- Fundamental ideas behind using a buddy system.
- Role of the buddy: developing leadership and citizenship skills.
- Promoting positive relationships.
- Resolving conflict.
- Action planning.
- Introduction to physical activity cards.
- Introduction to nutrition activity cards.
- Practical evaluation techniques.
- Assessment of distance travelled.
The course includes a pack filled with 50 bilingual activity cards, 10 outcome cards, 9 fun evaluation activities with an instruction card for use within settings. A total of 70 cards in an attractive folder. In addition to this, the trained buddies may have the opportunity to complete an accredited Young Leaders Award, from the British Sports Trust.