Who are we?
Housing Services consists of the following functions:
- Housing Solutions
- Housing Strategy (including Supporting People)
- Housing Improvements
What do we use data for?
To deliver our services and perform statutory functions, we record and retain personal information as appropriate to circumstances. Personal Data is only processed by the service when at least one of the following conditions is met:
- There is consent of the Data Subject.
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract with the Data Subject.
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
- It is necessary to protect the vital interests of a Data Subject or another person.
- It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Data Controller.
- It is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller or a third party.
The relevant condition will vary due to circumstances, but in the main, conditions 5 and 6 are the main reasons personal information is kept and used by the service.
To be able to assist you and carry out our obligation to you we may require information from you in special categories
Special categories data includes an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership (or non-membership), physical or mental health or condition, criminal offences, or related proceedings.
This information is only processed by the service when at least one of the following conditions is met:
- It is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
- It is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person.
- It is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim.
- It relates to personal data manifestly made public by the data subject.
- It is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or where courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
- It is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest within EU or member state law.
- It is necessary for the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine, for assessing the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or management of health or social care systems.
- It is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health.
- It is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, or scientific and historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
The relevant condition will vary due to circumstances, but in the main, condition 7 will be the main reason personal information is kept and used by the service.
How do we use personal data?
Data is used as described in the Councils Full Privacy Notice on the council’s website at http://www.conwy.gov.uk/privacynotices. The service will comply with the requirements of applicable data protection legislation. Details of corporate data protection procedures are on the Councils website at: Data Protection.
What is the legal basis for obtaining and processing personal information?
This is necessary for the performance of our functions.
How long do we keep personal data for?
All personal data is kept from between 1 and 12 years, unless stated
What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
Full details of how you may request personal data are available of the council’s website at: Data Protection - Applying for your data.